Beau is 5 months and a couple weeks and has all his adult teeth (canines finished just before Christmas). I don’t plan to stop posting just yet but did take some photos once I removed the most recent posts and cleaned his ears. Here is what I’ve learned from my expert mentors.
- All dogs vary in posting length (with some needing to be posted upwards of 18 months).
- If the ears stand before teething they will likely be finished.
- Breathe Right strips can be used when the bells are done but the tips are not done.
- Ears are likely finished when they can stand for 4(ish) days without falling.
- When in doubt, keep posting.
Now, here are photos with various angles of Beau’s ears. Please overlook the tape residue. I removed the posts during a conference call and couldn’t do a thorough clean of all the little adhesive bits. He doesn’t seem to care in the least. 😁
Since Beau has a long show crop, I plan to post for at least 2 1/2 more months or longer.